View Single Post
Old 06-28-2019, 06:28 AM   #12
special-K
Special Order

Re: Dana 60 Axle Shaft Installation

Yeah, I thought about getting my hands on a case spreader, but mainly I don't want to get into gutting and rebuilding the thing laying up under it on a stone driveway.

It does suck how my steps kept going backwards from what started (I thought) as a rear wheel cylinder/shoes job. But the silver lining will be a freshened up rear. My main concern with the old axles is keep them from further damage. You never know when that parts no longer available day will come. When a bearing goes it can be very bad for other parts. I just wish this was all happening last winter and it was good to go for the summer.

Now my friend's Duramax 'puter is giving him hell. He was going to pick it up day before yesterday. He is as good as they get with automotive electronics. He can go inside and alter programs, etc. He puts a new unit in and now the truck cranks as soon as the key goes in the ignition. I'd rather have my problems

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote