View Single Post
Old 01-23-2024, 08:24 PM   #4550
'68OrangeSunshine

Re: What did you do to your truck today.The 3rd chapter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjmoreland View Post
I wonder if they think the "Lifetime Warranty" is an adequate substitute for good quality. I'm glad you got your lights sorted out.

I followed this thread and installed an electric fan in my truck. Pulled it out of a 2002 Jeep Liberty. I didn't realize how noisy that clutch fan actually was. My main motivation was to fix an RPM-based fan vibration. Here's a video of the electric fan running. I have it set to turn on at 205° and turn back off at 195°. It's being controlled by the Sniper.
Either that, or some ''Marketing Genius'' decided repeat failures would get people into the store more often to buy other stuff.
Probably the same guy who figured if supermarkets change the layout of their store more often, the shopper will be presented with other purchasing options they wouldn't see if they just kept coming to the same aisle to get their regular stuff every time. Usually by the time you found what items you're looking for, you find the prices went up to cover the move. Collossal waste of time, IMO.

They are quite unpopular now, but I have Flex Fans on both my 292 L6 and 350 V8. No fan clutch at all. Keeping them. [Lifetime Warranty, too.] Very popular in the Late '70s.
Don't care for Internet Experts' opinions.

Cheers, Pat. Raining cats 'n' dogs here.

Every 25 years I like to rebuild that 292, whether it needs it or not.
'68OrangeSunshine is offline   Reply With Quote