View Single Post
Old 06-14-2015, 12:57 PM   #2349
chvtrkman

Re: What did you do to your truck today? Chapter II

Quote:
Originally Posted by chvtrkman View Post
Well, first off I don't get on here much at all anymore.. work keeps me busy and the wife's "honey-do" list keeps getting things added to it faster than i can knock off the old items.. Haven't even touched the '69 in a long while but I decided to pull the heater box out of the '78 DD and discover what caused my heater to stop working last winter. I suspected from the awful "aroma" that came out of the defroster vent that a rodent (and maybe his buddies) made a nest in there, but after i got the box out from under the dash, surprise ! ... no nest. Next on the agenda is remove blower motor/fan assembly and hope to solve the mystery aroma.. but... the sky clouded up and i thought rain was immanent, (is my spell check working?) so closed 'er up til tomorrow.
Pulled the blower motor today and sure enough, there was Mr. Mouse jammed between the fan and the housing wall. Who knows how long he'd been there. The truck is never parked for more than a week at a time, but i guess that was long enough for the critter to seek some warmth on a cold night. i know this is a common thing when a vehicle sits for long periods, just didn't think I would have it happen with such a brief time span of no movement. Now I have to try to seal up openings to heater with some wire mesh. ... Gonna be great to have heat again next winter, drove from mid January til now with no fan.
69 C-20 292, 4 spd O/D, 4:56 rears. No a/c p/s p/b p/w......restoration project,"Operation:Stovebolt"
78 C-10 305 TH350 new (old) daily driver
02 Suburban Z71 a.k.a. the family truckster
99 Silverado 1500 Z71