View Single Post
Old 07-16-2017, 07:07 PM   #11
toolboxchev

Re: Rust repair opinions wanted

Most guys with these sheet metal issues just get frustrated and find a decent cab to start.

I can tell you this, pull the carpet, all the sound deadening material and glove box. It all holds water in and you will see more than you have bargained for.

With that said I have the exact repairs to do myself and have found under the windshield is rotted both on drivers and passenger sides and there is additional areas in and around the cowl to firewall areas that need repair also.

I have seen many of cabs being advertised as being rust free, or repaired and find it covered in nice smooth sanded areas with fully primed and ready to go.

I passed. If your going to tackle it on your own do plenty of research here first. You will find many builds that go into great detail showing how bad some of the rust truly is. Do a Google search up in the window with the 67-72 button checked.

There are some very great pros on here whom have had done some extreme bang up, knock down, kick butt work on cabs here with many links to some excellent shops also around the nation.

You are definitely on the right track. I am looking to do the same or find another truck worth doing it on, maybe even a 4WD truck.
toolboxchev is offline   Reply With Quote