View Single Post
Old 09-30-2017, 12:36 PM   #1
Cautrell05

Intake doesn't fit. Need options.

I love false advertising. GM crate motor with 19300955 heads. The intake side comes drilled for the vortec style intake and the original 12 bolt style. The features list in the catalog as well as online both list being able to run early or late style intakes. The plan was to run the original 66 corvette solid valve covers with the original intake with the oil fill pipe in it. Went to test fit the intake and the bolt holes line up perfectly. The runners on the head however stick up past the head about 1/16-1/8" on both sides. Called GM and was told that you need to run a raised runner intake to use the old flange. It sounds like a vortec intake will fit but the only vortec intake I have found with a fill pipe hole or a place to drill the hole is a 3x2bbl intake. If I can't find an intake with the fill pipe the only other option is to send the intake out to the weld shop and see if they can add 1/4"or so above the runners too close the gap. Looking for any and all options on this. Thanks
Nick
Attached Images

My 47/S10 build http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=679723

Last edited by Cautrell05; 09-30-2017 at 06:32 PM.
Cautrell05 is offline   Reply With Quote