Thread: LFD's Shop Toys
View Single Post
Old 03-27-2008, 07:54 AM   #1
Rokcrln

LFD's Shop Toys

This is just going to be a thread were I post random stuff I am working on. Since they are shop toy's and not customer builds their will be progress here and their and not always on the same vehical or part as the case may be. A friend is helping me in my shop for a few weeks so today we went shopping and got almost everything on our list for now. We picked up two cabs (both with title's and plates) two great truck doors and fenders, three burb doors not great but very workable and I will only be using sections of two of them.

These parts will be used for two different projects I have floating around my head right now. I started a thread called "Big Brother" that was going to be a burb turned into a crew cab 4dr duelly. We after much thought I decided not to do that with this burb because it is too clean. But I am not a burb guy so I thought I would turn it into a 4dr then bob the back off and slide things forward and turn it into a Tahoe fimular to Fry's but different. Then I will be using the Blue cab to build the crew cab. I decided to fallow another guy on this board and do a crew cab with out the B post and suecide rear doors. I have been thinking about doing this since the first 4dr I built on here almost two years ago but since some one else started theirs first I will give them all the credit for not slacking like I have been doing the last few months

I plan on starting the 4dr conversion in the morning and hope by Friday night to have made some good progress. The crew cab will start off by getting turned into a regular cab with suecide doors. Then once I get my frame table build (in the next few weeks) I will bolt it down and split the cab in to in prep for the stretch. It will have burb front doors and truck rears cut down to burb length or their about.
So anyways this will not be a how to thread but just a more of a see what I did today kind of thing. Hope you enjoy watching!

Kevin
LFD Inc.
Rokcrln is offline   Reply With Quote