View Single Post
Old 07-07-2010, 09:56 PM   #24
toddtheodd
The oddest Todd around

Re: Rams horn exhaust manifolds

Wow... I had a totally different experience with ram horns.
After replacing my intake and carb with a higher flowing design, I started over heating like crazy. The faster I went, the hotter my truck got.
I replaced the radiator, heater core, hoses, water pump, thermostat, and even bypassed the heater core, all to no change in the problem.
Finally, I pulled the ram horns off and put long tube hooker headers on, and it ran cool from then on.
The best way I can describe it was that the ram horns were causing a restriction that was causing the truck to run hot the higher the rpms got. After removing the restriction, I had no problem.

I haven't had any problems with my headers (until I got heads with freaking angled spark plugs, but that's a problem of my own creation), but maybe it's because I didn't by cheap ass flowtechs or whatever. I've learned that you get what you pay for.
"The greatest pleasure is to vanquish your enemies and chase them before you, to rob them of their wealth and see those dear to them bathed in tears, to ride their horses and clasp to your bosom their wives and daughters." Ghengis Khan

IIOY???
toddtheodd is offline   Reply With Quote