View Single Post
Old 08-14-2017, 02:14 PM   #19
homemade87

Re: How to update 1980 A/C

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUN GMC View Post
I believe mine could benefit from this too....can you share how you sealed it off the area between the radiator and condenser....thanks in advance......
What I did was use some door trim ( stuff from a parted 2004 truck I had ) on the pass side of the condenser and it had the metal part that snapped on to an edge . The soft rubber part was fit up to the radiator . The drivers side I used some pipe insulation ( did not have the same edge as pass to snap trim on ) foam rubber and cut it to fit so when the radiator was put into place it sealed the to the radiator . This was real spongy type foam rubber . I think it is used on home a/c lines . The top has a custom shroud which did not need anything . I did not do anything to the bottom . It fits pretty close .

I know this is not a definite answer and maybe not even a good answer . I used what I had . I save most everything knowing it will come in handy some day . What I did was a good install and looked like it is doing a pretty good job . I am not sure I can even get a picture . It is pretty well covered up . But it would not take much to do something like this .

If the original poster is going to use the original condenser and 134 I would suggest doing this or any one doing 134 . Get as much air across the condenser as possible .
homemade87 is offline   Reply With Quote