View Single Post
Old 02-26-2018, 08:12 PM   #729
OrrieG

Re: What did you do with your truck today, Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilokc View Post
after talking with vintage air about making my " hot rod " air system work I think ive given up. they said I can make it work but its a pretty hefty conversion. they sell an interior kit that will have all of the parts I need. its not cheap but it will have every part and they will be new and work as they should. I think I'm going to bite the bullet and purchase that kit. will take a bit to put the cash together though. I still cant find the correct size retaining clip for my shifter. I sent an email to b&m and hope they will answer me soon. I'm hoping t finish up my interior lighting tomorrow.
What is the issue? I started with just a used VA inside evaporator and hoses thru the firewall I traded some other parts for. I got the condenser, dryer and condenser line kit from VA. Sanden compressor off Ebay (real not chinese knockoff). Bought hose locally and fittings off ebay. Friend loaned me his Mastercool crimping tool and I went to work. I found that overall I did saved a little, maybe 25%, over just buying a new kit from VA, but I had a different way I wanted to run the hoses.
OrrieG is offline   Reply With Quote