View Single Post
Old 08-13-2018, 05:50 PM   #11
MARTINSR

Re: see the USA in your chevrolet

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Ogre View Post
i've always loved a good road trip. i have over 100,000 miles on my thumb from back when hitchhiking was fun and fairly safe
the bicentennial atlas stays at home and is only for mapping my travels thru the lower 48
it is so old that many freeways have changed,but new freeways basically follow old state hwys

i've managed to travel thru 48 states over the years, picked up rhode island in 2010 when i retrieved my son at the northern end of the appalachian trail
always wanted to drive to alaska, doubt i'll make it at this point in my life
lately i've tried to pick roads not traveled on, i've traveled I-80 thru nebraska so many times i still have the exits memorized
maybe next time i'll take the trans canadian hwy to seattle

i enjoy seeing national parks and have been to maybe 35 of the 58 np, picked up arches np this trip
plus many nation seashores, battle fields and historic sites
i'll stop at any engineering marvel too, locks, dams, bridges and buildings. zoos and museums are fair game too. drives my wife nuts

i still use a road atlas to plan trips and stops. the google is used mostly for finding specific addresses
on the trip home my wife kept using google maps to plan the route even though we stayed on US hwy 2 for over 2000 miles
You are my hero, that is one hell of a list! I have been in 17 state capital buildings and 18 MLB ball parks. DAMN I would love to finish it off like you have.

Brian

"Fan of most anything that moves human beings"
MARTINSR is offline   Reply With Quote