View Single Post
Old 02-15-2018, 10:09 PM   #110
BlueBullet

Re: Big Bird - 1972 Longhorn K30

Then on to the brake lines and brackets. I had to drill one hole different for the proportioning valve since the cross member is in backwards compared to a square body. Got the proportioning valve mounted and the rear line ran back and connected to the original rear line that runs the rest of the way. For those who are following and plan to do this same conversion here are a couple things to remember. I was on a mission and welded the large hole in the frame that would work out right for running front brake lines. I would refer to 7dee2's 72 K30 Build thread on which hole to leave. I got to that part of his thread after I was done welding .. Also don't install the bump stops until you get your final engine placement determined. Once again got ahead of myself and the bottom bolt was in the way of the cross member. I figured one bolt should suffice. I don't plan on taking it off and big jumps right away.. My plans for the brake line error is to keep the line tight to bottom of the frame then bring it around to the front inside the rail
Attached Images

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=753294
BlueBullet is offline   Reply With Quote