Thread: Door alignment
View Single Post
Old 10-03-2017, 12:30 AM   #4
MARTINSR

Re: Door alignment

The door needs to go UP, that will very possibly solve your problems. The back may be too high when you raise it as the back isn't nearly as low as the front is. But sometimes when you are fitting panels it's that "good enough dance" sometimes we have to take. Instead of having one area perfect and another area really bad, you adjust the perfect area so-so and then you get the really bad area so-so which is a lot better don't you think?

But really, the door shape goes in, that line right at the cowl will come "out" if you raise it, understand? But all the way up to the roof it's leaning in, so going up will bring that whole area "out." Picture raising a triangle, if you had it in a triangle hole a little bigger when you raise it the gap on the sides would tighten right?

The rear looks like it's a tiny bit down, to it may end up too high, but that's a lot better than what you have.

Now, that is with the photos you posted, I would really like to see also are the door gaps with the photo taken from the side of the truck looking at that door. If that gap is tight at the bottom in the rear you maybe can lift the door up going as high as you need then drop the back to correct that rear being too high after raising it. Then you move the fender forward to enlarge the gap if you made it to small dropping the back.

I think you can do this, the cab could possibly be out of whack being the rocker was replaced or something like that, but I am thinking you can get it good.

Post some more photos showing the gaps stand back and get the whole door.

Brian

"Fan of most anything that moves human beings"
MARTINSR is offline   Reply With Quote