View Single Post
Old 01-27-2018, 02:55 AM   #177
Super_Dave

Re: 1974 C20 Soon to become a project...

Go a lot done. Forgot to take photos today. I will be heading back next week, and will try to take more then.

The cab is stripped and prepped for primer.

The doors had all the trim holes welded up, ground, primed and sanded.

The rockers and toe kicks arrived from Top Banana. I am a tad pissed, as I asked specifically if the floor repair parts I was looking at would cover the first inch and a half of the floor from the rocker. I was told it would "cover 2-2.5" of the floor." So, I ordered one for both sides. . . surprise! it only covers about 3/4" to 7/8" of the floor! So, it was yet another Top Banana Delay as we had to order the larger floor repair panels, from Classic Industries this time. So, no rocker repair this week. I am officially done with Top Banana Peel.

We got the AMD Bumper from Summit (who, by the way, does not sell the bolts to attach said bumper. . . go figure) and attached it with half of the stainless bolts I had to buy from ACE Hardware.

We mocked up the 25 gallon Blazer gas tank one last time. It looks like we will be able to do the hidden gas cap behind the license plate after all. So, we cut the neck off the tank and loaded both parts into my Silverado for the 90 mile trip home.

My buddy, Erick, will reattach the neck to the radius on the edge of the tank. We will raise the tank up to within 1.5" of the frame, where we will drill into the frame and run the tank straps from side to side.

We will notch the bottom of the cross brace for the neck to clear, then run the rubber gas supply hose from the neck, to the hidden pop-up gas cap behind the license plate. I am real pleased with how little the gas tank will be visible from behind. Once we paint it with the new Eastwood Invisible Paint, you will never see the inch and a half that shows below the frame.

I have a set of 1990 Chevy OEM Electric Mirrors coming from New Mexico. They are an excellent blend of the OEM Chrome monsters and a more traditional mirror. I am really stoked to find them. I got the control switch, both pigtails and connectors and about 18 inches of wiring from the switch to splice into the main harness. . . all for $135.

I never knew about these mirrors until I stumbled across an old thread from 2011 with someone selling a couple sets. There wasn't a lot of interest but it was exactly what I was looking for, so I went on a mission to find some and within a week, I had a pair located.

Anyway. . . sorry for the lack of photo-documentation. I will definitely get a lot next week when I head down with the mirrors. I will also get some photos of Erick doing his thing with the electric metal stitcher when he starts necking with my Blazer gas tank.

"Life is tough - wear a cup!"
"Old Enough to Know Better - Too Young to Resist"
"Junk is something you will need three weeks after you throw it away."
Super_Dave is offline   Reply With Quote