View Single Post
Old 12-06-2018, 09:49 AM   #7
SunSoaked

Re: Auto Dimming Mirror Upgrade

I'll have the install done over the weekend. I'll take pics of how I did it and post here. I'm getting the new glass in a few hours.
The 90's trucks are good donors. I saw several 99-05 models that had them. Look for ones with a 7 cavity plug (mine only used 5 of the 7 ports). Remove the mirror with a star driver. Pull the harness out from behind the headliner. Some of them have legs going to the visors if they are lighted.
Make sure you get the temp probe if you want that function. It's located behind, below and near the front bumper. It's two wires. They will be black/white and a green/white.
The other 3 wires are pink=ign, black=ground & green=reverse light. The reverse function just shuts off the auto-dimming in reverse. You don't have to use it if you don't want to.
I'm running my wires thru the roof and down the B-Pillar and back up to the fuse panel. You can access and fish the wires thru the hole where the visor mounts.
I tried for hours to get wire thru my A-Pillar with no luck.
You will also need the correct button that glues on the glass, it's different than what you have.
Stay tuned for pics and more details.
SunSoaked is offline   Reply With Quote