View Single Post
Old 09-23-2018, 10:50 PM   #32
Originalthor

Re: 1968 Chevrolet "Slow" and "Quiet" Build

Quote:
Nice progress! I'm loving the route you are going with taking this thing apart. What's your plan for in between the inner and outer roof skin? I think I'm going to just buy a roll of sticky insulation which is suppose to help with sound as well as heat. Im a little more limited since I have no air compressor or else I was thinking of trying lizard skin. What's your plan?

What do you and Kyle do for a job?
I was Think of going with Noico 80 mil 36 sqft car Sound deadening mat through amazon. Its like 80 bucks and has good reviews.

Well after I was done doing my honey do list I was able to go out and sand down a door today. 4 hours and 4 beer later it turned out pretty good considering it was left open on the truck for 20 some years had a tree growing through it. Should of took a picture, me and buddy were using the side grinder to cut branches just to get it open more to get at the hinge bolts. I got some fixing to do on the bottom in the usual spots but nothing major. I will tell you that wire wheel on the grinder sure made short work on the rolled edge door skin area.

On the front should I grind that down more or spray that rust convert stuff on there? I Don't want to warp it or take to much metal away on a pretty straight door with only one dent.
Attached Images

Originalthor is offline   Reply With Quote