Thread: TA_C10: Stage 1
View Single Post
Old 12-01-2020, 06:56 PM   #1021
TA_C10

Re: TA_C10: Stage 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkidmoreGarage View Post
I may have missed it, but wanted to offer my experience/learning. Thanks for sharing the dorman part. I'll be needing a couple of those.

It sounds like you created the vent tube for the tank (with rollover valve). This should be sufficient to purge the tank during heat cycling and normal fuel use. I would use low pressure fuel line for this, rather than vacuum hose. Even with vapor, I wouldn't expect the rubber to last very long with ethanol. You will also find that it will create a lot of fuel smell as it is more porous than fuel hose.

If you want to be able to fill the tank using a modern pump, you will want to use the 5/8" line and run it up to the filler neck above where the pump nozzle terminates when inserted.

I have a vanagon,and from the factory they have undersized filling vents. It means that the filler will puke fuel everywhere when it auto shuts off, even at low flow, and on some pumps it won't stay on.
I figured that. I will have to figure out 1 of 2 things now.

1. Can I somehow attach my large tank vent line to the custom gas filler tube somehow?

2. If number 1 is a no, what filter can I use to just attach to the vent line(1/2" or 5/8" are my 2 choices). And this filter can't be too large, it going in a small space.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDPotter View Post
I may have missed this earlier in your build, but what made you decide to use a rearview mirror/camera instead of a double din radio as your viewing tool?
I wanted to keep the stock radio and dash look. That was main reason. When I build a console, I may mount a tablet in there but i'm on the fence with that idea still.

"It's only money".
TA_C10 is offline   Reply With Quote