View Single Post
Old 09-01-2008, 12:20 PM   #67
asphaltburner

Re: '78 3/4 ton 4x4 FRANKENTRUCK

Yo! Prong!
Sure would like to a pic, if you would be so kind! I assumed the rods were to counteract against rotational torque of the Tcase, but perhaps not.
I've nearly completed installation of the NP205 side mount that I pulled from the donor flatbed. It will accomplish both tasks, and was designed to accompany the NP205 in the first place (FRANKENTRUCK had the NP203 and rod). I will, of course, use the two short rods that FRANKENTRUCK came with, tieing the heavy aluminum torque converter cover to the engine mounts. They were with the TH400 when I got the truck.
Rearranged the tubing running down the passenger's frameraill,...pulled out the fuel feed line, lowered the return line, and reattached the brakeline where it was. My 6 port fuel switching valve will live in a steel "shelter" attached to the underside of the truck bed, near the front. The e-pump will reside in a similar "shelter" just behind the emergency brake cable entrance through the frame,...nearly under the driver's seat:
Name:  083108 (Medium).jpg
Views: 2795
Size:  45.5 KB
Fuel feed will run forward from there, along the inner framerail, and up (in front of the engine) to the pressure regulator and the Holley. I hope to stay as far away from the headers and exhaust as possible that way, and keep it all protected from road debris. Hoses from the fuel tanks to the valve, short hose to the hardline that will feed the e-pump, and hard line nearly to the regulator, then hose. I'll use hose to reach the existing return line and back to hose to get to the valve. Vent lines from each tank will simply be hose to a charcoal cannister that I'll mount driver's side next to the radiator. Todd.
asphaltburner is offline   Reply With Quote