View Single Post
Old 01-12-2017, 04:56 AM   #137
Nick_R_23

Re: Project "You thought yours was bad!" '78 C10 Stepside

Woooo first update of 2017!

So in the meantime I've been ordering a few parts here and there and things are starting to show up. I haven't had much of a chance to work on the truck with the below zero weather we've been having and my poor little garage heater just can't keep up.

I made a spacer for my coil bracket, it wouldn't wrap tightly enough around the coil when the legs were far apart enough to bolt onto the intake manifold. I used the rubber liners off of two 'P-clamps', and trimmed them to fit. I like the additional vibration dampening they will provide as well.

From the top

Coil mounted to the intake manifold. I also finished up the last couple wires for the distributor, and picked up some wire separators to help keep the wiring clean at the back half of the engine. I can also make my coil wire now that I have it bolted in place.

And some of the parts that started showing up! My Holley Hydramat came in, along with an assortment of Earls fittings. The 90* fitting on the right is a bulkhead (pass-through) fitting that will become the return line into my fuel tank. The one beside it is a compression to AN fitting that will let me go from the hard line on the pickup tube to my Hydramat. The hose and fitting on the left are my in tank return line section that will direct the returned fuel onto the pickup directly. I still have a few fittings on their way as well as a few more I will need to figure out once the actual Sniper system comes in, but this should allow me to get the fuel system set up inside my tank at any rate!

Nick_R_23 is offline   Reply With Quote