View Single Post
Old 12-19-2016, 10:52 AM   #31
Team24

Re: Roof replacement?

Kel, I a sorry for using the wrong term, I guess the right term for my welding the roof on is plug welding. With using the weld bond or panel bond its a bit messy and you need to be in a well ventilated area as it produce a lot of fumes. I still used a respiratory when I plug welded it every 8 inches or so. I let the panel bond cure and then I drilled the holes for the plug welds. I to thought about conventional spot welding and went and purchased a 240 volt spot welder from Harbor Freight but decided not to use it as the shape of the cab under the drip rail prevents you from getting a good contact with lower spot welding tip. Plus the spot welder tips would have to ground a smaller diameter to fit in the drip rail so the only place I could have used it would have been across the front of the cab at the windshield lip. Took the spot welder back without using it and as pointed out from another post plug welded it and ground off excess smooth before I used the panel bond in the drip rail as seam sealer. Sorry for the confusion of terms
Team24 is offline   Reply With Quote