View Single Post
Old 09-21-2011, 11:17 PM   #13
72longhornTX

Re: 82 K-30 Crew Cab Short Bed

Thanks for all the complements. I found the threads on that site after I talked to the guy I bought it from. From what I understand the guy I got it from bought it and had it shipped to San Antonio. He didn't do to much to it in the year he had it. Just really drove it around a little to lunch. Well he needed to sell it so I saw it on craigslist and went and looked. He had all kinds of extra parts for it. So a little dealing and I ended up with the truck.
It ran real rough and the guy didn't know why. I didn't want to mess with it there just incase I had to drive it 180 miles home. Well he towed it to Brehnam which is 50 miles for my house so we met there. Drove it home and started working on it. I timed it and it ran better real quick. Runs like a champ now. Still has a valve rattle so not much I can do there. I did have to replace the positive battery cable as someone used Rockford Fosgate Amp wire on it. Started burning up so replaced it.

So I have done the windows already and then yesterday I went to make the wipers work so I can get it inspected. Figured out the switch wasn't grounded I wired it up and it worked great. Although the truck didn't start afterwards. So I pulled the gauge cluster back off because it looked like Ray Charles wired it up. I started cutting the gauges off and pulled all that out. Then disconnected everything inside the dash and soldered all connections and heat shrinked it all. Looks a lot better. Organized it and hooked it all back up. Although I managed to make a custom gauge cluster that the original guy from Colorado started. Looks better but not the best. Works great though. Will get pics in the morning. That is about all I did the last two days. I did have to buy a battery today. Red top Optima. Little chunk of change haha.

Former:
1979 C-20 2wd 350/TH400, 300+hp. Rattle can paint job
1982 K-30 454/700R4. 4in lift with 37" Goodyear MT/R's Lots of goodies - Trail clean up truck
72longhornTX is offline   Reply With Quote