View Single Post
Old 01-27-2017, 01:03 AM   #18
Ironangel

Re: Opinions on which direction to go with my GMC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainMorgan_SOS View Post

My initial thought is that I should do the suspension first. Start from the ground up. This way I could also clean up and paint/coat the frame, replace tie rod ends, bushings, body mounts, etc. Next, I would figure would be the engine/drivetrain. Once that is complete, then I figure bodywork and paint. This would then be followed by wiring, lighting, and then interior.

Am I on the right track? Or should my order of doing things be rearranged somehow?
I think you've answered your own question in your initial thought. Start at the bottom and work up, make it safe and reliable working your way up. Then you wont be back tracking doubling up on your work load. Try not to get to anal about it either. I think thats where alot of guys loose interest in their builds, they nit pic the damn thing to death and never get to drive it while it sits in their garage for years. Get that suspension and drive train sound and watch how many compliments your work in progress gets at the gas pump. Keep it simple and keep it pleasurable, one thing at a time..."Just Sayin"
71 C/50 Grain Truck, 350 Split-Axle 4-Speed
02 3/4 ton Express
14 Indian Chief Vintage
1952 Ford 8N, "Only Ford Allowed On The Property"
"Be American, Buy American"
Ironangel is offline   Reply With Quote