View Single Post
Old 10-31-2021, 06:34 PM   #288
Spf79

Re: 1972 Build thread.

Other items I forgot to update.

I went with a dual battery set up, I got the 2nd battery tray from Brother's Truck Parts. It fit very well on the aftermarket core support. I have been doing some electrical learning as I go, kind of a crash course... I purchased a battery separator from an overlanding company called Redarc, This will allow me to run the deep cycle battery dead, keeping my cranking battery isolated. fingers crossed. I plan on having all of the 12v accessories, stereo & heated seats connected to this battery.

While I was at it I put in the battery disconnects, I thought it may be a good thing to cut the battery connections when it sits in the winter... or if I am parked in a shady area I can kill the power sneakily.

I also added a separate little fuse block in the engine bay that will allow me to have a connection point for whatever I fancy. I hooked in a weatherproof dual 12v socket power source I could use for a small air compressor... or anything else that requires that type of connection. I will also run my electric fans to this fuse block power point, it keeps it clean in my option.

I changed everything over to LED, the headlights are plug and play. I tied the headlight halo lights into my marker lights, I didn't want to install a separate switch for those. I hope I do not have trouble with my blinkers... I purchased the resistor - so we will see. The reverse, front marker, and rear brake light bulbs will give you 1700 lumens... the side marker lights are supposed to be 650 lumens. they are much brighter than stock, so hopefully I do not look like a space ship running down the road.
Attached Images