View Single Post
Old 02-15-2013, 09:24 AM   #17
DransportGarage

Re: Bob's Retirement Build - My '55 TF

At some point last year I took a break from the carnage to do the stroker. Here's the block & crank. The assembly was balanced, of course.

...and the heads. They came out great! I've got a buddy in Centerville, OH that does them for me. He's got 3 milling machines and 2 valve grinders -- and tons of other equipment in a 2-car garage up there. I port them first as best I can, under his guidance. Then he flows them on his flow bench and tweaks them up. These also are cc'ed, have new guides, seats, valves and springs. Old school 461 hump 202s. Compression ratio right at 9.5. Cam is a Comp Extreme Energy. I'm hoping for about 400 hp with just an Edelbrock 1406 carb and performer manifold.

...doin' a little port matching...

...and degreeing in the cam. The stick ended up being advanced 4 degrees. Don't laugh at my ancient dial indicator. It's older than I am, but in better shape!

Gotta have pistons. Just the basics -- Eagle rods and Speed Pros. We're on a budget, y'know.

She's in a dusty bag right now, sitting on the engine stand waiting patiently.

The trans is done too, as those of you have seen my trans thread know. This will give you a peek at the color of the truck too:

That's it for now. Time for breakfast.
Bob's Retirement Build - My 55 TF
Bob's 700R4 Build (how-to)
DransportGarage is offline   Reply With Quote