View Single Post
Old 03-03-2009, 07:13 PM   #12
jeffs51chevy

Re: To those who have clipped and lowered ther truck..

Here's my two centavos . . . by the looks of it (and by your own admission), you are in for: (1) a 4 link rear suspension (2) some sort of new front clip or (3) a new stock AD frame. More than likely, you are in for a combination of the three. What it really boils down to is how much work you are willing to do and how fast do you want to be on the road. If the budget can handle it, the clear winner is a new stock frame with a IFS. If you are like me, labor is cheap and parts are expensive. I went the s10 frame swap route. As of today, and a little over a year, my total costs are at $920.93 (minus the AD truck and I already owned the s10). People have all sorts of ideas and solutions. That's what makes this formum so great. My advise to you would be to do a little more research with your specific skill set in mind. Figure out what you can spend and how long it will take you. Once you have all of that information, double it. Projects like these are at least two times what you think when you begin. Just my opinion. Now lets hear from the more experienced.
jeffs51chevy is offline   Reply With Quote