View Single Post
Old 08-11-2016, 02:12 PM   #111
phillipm

Re: 78 2wd Blazer - LS Swap and more..

So I started working on my seat swap. I pulled these from an 85 Blazer but they are actually from a 93 or 94 Suburban from what I can tell. Or a Crew Cab I suppose too. That is from the fact that the passenger seat doesn't flip and slide to allow access to the rear. I'm going to go to the junk yard this weekend and hunt around for a different passenger seat though. So, I started on the drivers side.

Somebody cut down the brackets to lower the seats, however the first thing I've noticed is that the seats don't sit level on my floor. Also, the holes are not even close to lining up. I bet they just drilled new holes in the 85 and stuffed bolts through. That's not how I like to roll. I will most likely cut these back apart and make proper lower brackets to bolt up to the factory locations.

I have also moved the seat back about 2-3" from stock. It goes plenty forward so I just always like to move them back. This seat is power so the up and down is also a very nice feature. I did have to replace the switch. I got one used off of the Bay from a Grand National I believe.

Last edited by phillipm; 09-21-2017 at 12:42 PM.
phillipm is offline   Reply With Quote