View Single Post
Old 03-15-2017, 09:35 PM   #197
HO455
Post Whore

Re: Working Man's Burbon

The brakes got finished up today. The new hose for the rear fit like it should. The only issue came from the rear brake hard line. It has a coupler just under the passenger front floor board inside the frame. The headers are right there and it was very difficult to get the coupling tightened up. I didn't have room for two hands or the wrench and I needed to hold the coupling still and spin the flare nut to tighten. It took close to an hour to get both nuts tight in the coupling. After test a drive I am happy with the rear brake performance, but I think the fronts could be better. I will probably bleed them again in a hundred miles or so. On the test drive I noticed the drivers side door has a small gap at the top which whistles something terrible above 45 mph. I had time to quickly adjust the door but no time to test drive it and see if it was better. I also replaced the short piece of fuel hose that connects the front hard line to the rear hard line. It is inside the frame under the passenger seat. The PO said he had replaced it but it was starting to crack. I believe it is too close to the muffler. After I redo the exhaust and the mufflers are out of the way I plan on replacing the hose with a hard line.
Attached Images

If it breaks I didn't want it in the first place
The WMB repair thread http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=698377
HO455 is offline   Reply With Quote