View Single Post
Old 03-16-2017, 10:48 PM   #200
HO455
Post Whore

Re: Working Man's Burbon

Thanks guys. Several months back I installed a sender for the temperature guage (there was no way to tell engine temperature) and replaced the wire from where the PO had cut it at the firewall. The guage worked until the engine temperature got to 160* then it would peg the guage high. I confirmed the sender being bad with an ohm meter. I finally received the replacement yesterday. I got it swapped and went for a test drive ( It read zero ohms above 160 degrees). The guage now reads about 1/3rd of scale with the engine at 190*. Progress! I went to the gas store and got the WMB some new gas. The attendant didn't believe it was a Suburban. He said it had to be a hearse. He liked it but wouldn't drive something dead people had been in. I forgot to check if the door was now sealing as the sun was out for the fifth time this winter and I had the windows down.
If it breaks I didn't want it in the first place
The WMB repair thread http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=698377
HO455 is offline   Reply With Quote