Thread: Retro-Tech- 77
View Single Post
Old 04-06-2017, 11:25 AM   #82
N2TRUX
Happy to be here

Re: Retro-Tech- 77

Its been a while since I have posted here so its time to update. I sold an 84 GMC last year and the buyer preferred my 20" Vintecs over the 22" Racelines so we worked a deal. I put the Raceline Static 5s on to see how they looked. Everyone seemed to like them but me so I pulled them and put a set of Coys on for now. Before you ask. the Racelines are sold and the Coys are not for sale.

While I was playing swap the wheel I realized its been a few years since the 77 had any real love. I have talked about it several times, and had a couple dozen renderings done but life keeps taking me away from working on it.

In February while attending Lonestar Throwdown with my latest build "Scarlett" on display in the American racing booth I was asked by several people when the 77 was coming back out. I made a commitment to my wife and my nephew Chris that it would reappear at LST 2018. I try to be a man of my word, so I feel that making a public commitment I'm giving my word it will happen.

I have been talking to various vendors gathering info on products I plan to use. There will be several updates and some noticeable changes. For those that have always complimented its timeless looks, dont worry. The changes made should be ones that meet your approval.

Once I get a few more things worked out I will post a build thread. Until them heres the latest pic I have with the Raceline Static 5s mounted up.
Attached Images

Articles-

"Jake" the 84 to 74 crewcab

"Elwood" the77_Remix

85 GMC Sierra "Scarlett"

"Refining Sierra"
N2TRUX is offline   Reply With Quote