View Single Post
Old 12-30-2016, 03:19 PM   #16
Rusbuilt

Friends I have no intentions on keeping this truck. I just wanted to make that very clear from the start. My amount of money invested in this project means nothing, I did not do it for any of you guys, I took this project on because I saw it as a way to give back to someone less fortunate. I love these trucks and I've made some great life long friends because of them.

Having said that my heart is still in this project and I intend to finish it. I have been in contact with Dawn's daughter after boardmember 5150 Bryan Ashely visited their home and met with her. She and I have emailed back and fourth. At first she was hesitant about the whole thing because she said that her mom wanted her son to have the truck. Dawn never gave me a name of the grandson that she wanted to have a truck. So we felt like in order to be fair (because her other two children were incarcerated and unable to speak On their Childs behalf) we should sell the truck and divide the funds amongst all of her grandchildren. That way everything was fair. Dawn's daughter thought that was fair but also had a thought of taking part of those funds and building a headstone memorial for Dawn and Clyde that they had designed before she passed. I personally felt like that was a great idea seeing how it would honor them and it was originally their truck.

I had an offer on the truck several months back and presented it to all of the guys who have been actively involved in the hands-on portion of this truck. I gentleman offered $10,000 in its current state and I left it in the hands of the others involved. Only one said sell it. The others felt like we could get more money if we were to finish it and sell it on eBay.

I am willing to do whatever. I am moving into my new shop for the next few weeks. I'll get the truck out of storage, moved over to the shop and snap some pictures in its current state.
Posted via Mobile Device
Rusbuilt is offline   Reply With Quote