View Single Post
Old 02-11-2024, 02:41 PM   #7
Dongray

Re: Anyone running Under Dash Brake/Clutch MC?

Quote:
Originally Posted by leegreen View Post
hard to tell for sure but I think that master must be sitting where the brace and lever for the cowl vent needs to be

what are you trying to accomplish, a clean firewall look or do you need the space on outside near firewall for something else? There are lots of firewall mounted setups that work

I'd go with frame mount pedals and master before I put them under the dash
I have a straight six 292 with a manual T5 so between the clutch linkage and the booster/mc there was almost no room under the cab for the exhaust. I have seen people use heat shields but ran into issues with that not being always effective so figured I would just move everything.
If I had an 8 cylinder a firewall mc would probably fit fine but the ones I have seen from what I can tell would almost interfere with the air cleaner coming off the six. Im still not opposed to it but would need to find something where it is mounted further outboard on the drives side to clear the air cleaner. I also decided to go with a hydraulic throwout bearing so was looking at these combination pedals. The under dash isn't set in stone but just haven't found the right firewall combination that didnt look crammed on the firewall.
Attached Images

Dongray is offline   Reply With Quote