View Single Post
Old 08-09-2017, 10:31 AM   #7
paulspickupparts

Re: 55-66 rear fender manufacturers

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdishon View Post
I have a 58 stepside and need a couple rear fenders. Who makes the best quality/fit steel rear fenders?
I see AMD and Classic Parts make them, but not sure of a quality source. Also fount "Fixmyrust" on Ebay as a supplier.
Any advice would be great.
Most are made by the same manufacturer and just rebranded in seperate boxes. I would try to buy them as close to home as possible so if you have to return them due to poor fit it is more convenient. Most are are in some small town in California called Cheena , or maybe it China or Sheena.

I have a customer buy an all used front end from a 66 Chevy pickup after he tried to make the repo China fenders fit , could not, took to body shop and they could not make it fit. The problem was return shipping was a killer and he still did not have a fender that would work. Biggest problem was where the fender met the grill support. He was pissed , the vendor was pissed , the body shop was pissed , luckily he paid with a credit card and was able to return

Here is a good article on making a 55-57 Chevy Pickup fender.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqonaN3QBmc

Kind of sad when you paid $400 plus shipping for a fender . When you ask the vendor the common response is . Hmm , we haven't had any problem fitting ours . Yah sure.

Last edited by paulspickupparts; 08-09-2017 at 10:38 AM. Reason: addition
paulspickupparts is offline   Reply With Quote