View Single Post
Old 01-13-2014, 10:18 AM   #14
doubleclucker

Re: My nv4500 swap then doubler ol' black

Well after driving it around for a couple of months I was still thinking of a doubler but did not like aluminum ones till I came across John at JedsMachining all welded steel; oh yeah I'm in!
I wanted the shifter to mount on the drivers side beside the pto shifter as previously thought out and the conclusion I came up with; was a Ford NP 203 box with all GM gears installed (all I really needed to change was the input gear) But the ford box has the shift lever on the drivers side and jeds made me an adapter to go from rear ford to 6 bolt GM np205 all gaskets and hardware plus a couple of clocking options at no extra charge for this hybrid. It also came with a new 32 spline output shaft for the np203.

First off was to line up the mounts so they were both flat then transfer punch the 6 bolt GM pattern into the face of the ford box. The one pic shows how the gm pattern is the same only clocked different and would interfere with driveshafts if used in this position.
Also pics of the GM/Dodge np203 box beside ford and a pic of different rear output bearing retainers (though either one will work)
Attached Images

doubleclucker is offline   Reply With Quote