View Single Post
Old 02-03-2018, 02:11 PM   #3
Livrat
Member #1049

Re: Truck vs Burb vs Blazer seats

Quote:
Originally Posted by CG View Post
So I see posts for people looking for this or that seats and I know some are interchangeable ... sort of.

I know a front bench seat from a truck and a burb are the same except the burb has the back of the seat covered.

My assumption is that all blazers have buckets in front (I don't know blazers).
Correct, all Blazers came with bucket seats

My guess is that all buckets are the exact same. 72 blazer and a 72 truck with the same interior color option the buckets would be interchangeable in both.
69 and 70 buckets had different foam and covers than 71-72, panels and Blazers could have the optional "Utililty" buckets which are wider and had a metal back

Im pretty sure buddies were in trucks and burbs. I think the burb version had some sort of provision so the middle seat wouldn't flop backwards. No idea if you could get buddies with a blazer.
Correct, no buddies in a blazer

One of the burb back seat options (dunno which) is interchangeable with the back seat of the blazer. But I don't know if the way it mounts is the same. The frame work might be different?
Burbs came with either a two row or three row seating option, If it had the two row option the second seat was wider than the three row option, The burbs with the three row seat option have the exact same seat frames as the Blazer back seat, A burb middle seat has different mounting brackets than a Blazer, A burb rear seat is a bolt in for a Blazer. (one difference I have found in both a burb rear seat and a Blazer rear seat is some have 2 rear mount stanchions and some have 4, I have not found any rhyme or reason as to which had 2 and which had 4 stanchions

It would be great to clear this all up.
Livrat is offline   Reply With Quote