View Single Post
Old 03-13-2017, 10:25 AM   #56
hgs_notes
GEARHEAD

Re: HG's Bigass Farm Truck

Didn't get time to work on the truck last week because I was out of state for work. So Saturday was my only day and I got a few things done. While I was gone some more parts were delivered. The serpentine belt came and it was the one recommended by the mfr, but dang that thing was tight. The AC pump was adjusted to as short as it would go and I had to use a couple screwdrivers to get it around the last pulley then roll the engine over to get it fully on. But it is on.

I got the fuel lines connected on the tank end and got the tank installed. Not a fun job by yourself. All thats left on the fuel system is to finish the lines from about the transmission crossmember and back to the ends connected to the tank, then get them mounted to the frame so they aren't bouncing around.

While I was under there I noticed the mufflers didn't look right. All out of shape. Here's the view from behind. I'm guessing this happened when the 454 died because it was never a loud running truck.

So I'll be ordering up some mufflers.

Check out the spare. I think there is a possibility this is the original, but maybe not. Was that a style of tread GM would have installed?

I'm inching closer to the day I can fire it up.

To do list:
Finish fuel lines
wire fuel pump
connect exhaust
tranny cooler lines
tranny dust cover (not required for running)
radiator support and radiator
Wires to starter
spark plug wires and coils
install harness and ECU
water hoses
block EGR hole
steam vent tubing
othercrapIcantremember

Oh, I also worked on the inner rocker patch fit up. Just need to reshape it where it meets the floor for a tight fit and it'll be ready to attach permanently.
hgs_notes is offline   Reply With Quote