Thread: DP's '66
View Single Post
Old 11-01-2009, 11:30 PM   #30
DPowers
One foot in front of the other

Re: DP's '66

Finished the break-in on the cam and changed the oil. I strained the oil with a paint strainer to check for any dirt, metal etc and it came out real clean. Went with the 2- quart NAPA gold oil filter. Since it is a solid cam, I went ahead and used 30 wt non-detergent oil and added some break-in additive to keep the zinc up. Will change it again at about 500 miles. After the motor got warm, we noticed some water leaking... It ended up being the brand new heater core was defective- I bypassed it and then I pulled it yesterday. It is still under warranty- but a pain to pull. I am going to keep the 600 Holley- it is my buddies so I will just have to replace it sometime. Real happy with the way the motor sounds- you can just barely hear the cam, but you can feel it some as you lean on the fender. Have to finish up my exhaust- still haven't decided about mufflers and also finish hooking up the trans linkage and driveshaft. Going to use some of the leftover braided line to make a fuel line. I also dropped my pretty chrome alternator off to get rebuilt.

Modified cross member from '81 Camaro

A little better view of the trans cooler.

Last edited by DPowers; 09-19-2010 at 06:18 PM.
DPowers is offline   Reply With Quote