View Single Post
Old 03-30-2012, 09:40 PM   #121
markeb01
Senior Enthusiast

Re: Markeb01 Build Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by McMurphy View Post
I got my set up off the '85 Sierra that I took the motor out of, so when I do all this I will just be marrying those two back up.
Now that I got the gas pedal area of my floor done, I was kicking around the idea of doing this mod.
I am on the fence about it because the motor is not mounted yet, and I dont want to goof this up on distances by mounting the pedal without having the engine in as a reference.

You have my undivided attention at this moment though !! LOL
If you use the factory bracket to attach the engine end of the cable to the carburetor, I don't think you can actually goof up the engineering. On mine the travel of the forward cable jacket between the throttle ball stud and the cable bracket is exactly the same distance as my carburetor butterfly travel at wide open throttle. In my application the jacket portion of the cable between the bracket and the firewall is actually a bit too long. Installed with a corkscrew turn in the jacket to fit between the firewall and the engine bracket, when the pedal is flat on the floor, the carb is at WOT. If I moved the engine forward or backward, the pedal travel and throttle travel would remain exactly the same.