View Single Post
Old 01-29-2018, 07:09 PM   #125
joedoh

Re: 1941 1/2 ton project Hannah

thanks! the notch is where a cupholder goes, I am deciding if I want to put it back in (it had to be removed to recover the seat)

finished the windshield. thats all I have to say about that.

IMG_8259 by Joe Doh, on Flickr

still have to put the outer seal on but that will be super easy comparatively.

fixed the torn section of the firewall where the cowl rods attach, havent sanded it yet need to check it

IMG_8258 by Joe Doh, on Flickr

also welded up the last of the floor inside where it was just tacked.

time for steering, since the steering hole is over the valve cover I need a heim bearing.

IMG_8260 by Joe Doh, on Flickr
IMG_8261 by Joe Doh, on Flickr

have to decide where the double joint will go, top shaft or bottom. probably top.

I got a new car last week, was browsing craigslist new ads (does everyone do that? push enter on a blank search bar and it shows you new ads as they are listed) and I was literally the first to call within a minute of it listing. I have been looking for something nostalgic to drive, the saturn is nice but not really me, so I thought of maybe a nice 3rd gen camaro or even an older BMW.

I cant believe my luck though, its what aficionados call an M3/4/5, a 4dr, 5spd manual M3. only two years production and there were a lot more automatics made than manuals. It runs perfectly and the interior is mint. it needs the hood repainted (clear is peeling) but considering its 21 years old, its just my thing. I have been taking long drives in it, its addictive. 240hp doesnt sound like a lot but it is a 3200 lb car.

IMG_8237 by Joe Doh, on Flickr
IMG_8240 by Joe Doh, on Flickr

if there is a problem, I can have it.

new project WAYNE http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=844393
joedoh is offline   Reply With Quote