View Single Post
Old 04-19-2017, 08:17 PM   #14
Maximus

Re: Buyer's Remorse?

These trucks are not common, and are starting to fetch a premium. If I saw those photos and was guessing, I would have said something closer to $7,000, but thats not to say in your neck of the woods they dont go for a little more. Jimmy is alot less common, and while I like the chevy front end more, thats not to say the GMC may be worth a little more due to the lower production numbers.

Hopefully you come out happy with what you have. At the end of the day we all know these trucks are getting harder to find, and the cost of these old rigs is NOT going to be magically going down any time soon. If you wanted a K5 Jimmy, and didnt want to drop a 15-20k payment on a nice solid start, then I would not stress out too much.

I have also paid over what normal asking for items that were specifically what I was looking for (i.e. a Jimmy vs a Blazer to you might immediately be worth $1k more) and price is relative is you got what you were looking for. These rigs are USUALLY needing a little more than we though, but I assume you saw all the potential rust issues when you were buying, and are aware on what it will take to bring it back as far as you want to.

Only you know if your going to be unhappy with the buy, but any time I walk into my yard and see my K5 I think "holy crap I actually found one of these trucks" and am thrilled to even have the opportunity to own one. They made the 1st gen broncos for what, 12 years? They made these for 4. They are unique rigs and im sure you will get plenty of smiles out of the windshield time you spend in that old beast. Just think, that's used Honda Civic money, its not Rolls Royce money...
Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote