View Single Post
Old 10-30-2014, 02:47 PM   #156
Jahloha

Re: For Gramps (1970 C20 RestoMod)

Its funny how seemingly simple things can make you super excited when working on these trucks!

Yesterday I complete tear down and got the frame loaded up and delivered today for sandblasting. This was a huge milestone for me and the sight of my rearend and frame on the trailer made me SO happy! They are charging me $225 to blast frame, rear end, trailing arms, a arms, and a few other random pieces. I am happy with that.

Quick "Im an idiot" story. Last night at 11PM and after about 1.5 hours of trying to load the rear end on my own onto the trailer using leverage, floor jack, pulleys and everything...I sat on the asphalt to think about my next strategy when I looked under the trailer and realized the trailer is meant for towing cars and of course there were ramps underneath haha! Pulled them, rolled the rear end on in less than 10 minutes. IM AN IDIOT!

Here some pics from dropping the stuff off. Looking forward to picking the stuff up later today!
Name:  Sandblast Frame.jpg
Views: 503
Size:  58.1 KB
Name:  Sandblast frame 2.jpg
Views: 511
Size:  47.4 KB

My grandpa, Gramps, won a 1970 C20 in 1969 for $1. I'm on a mission to restore it before he passes.

My 1970 C20 Build Thread
Jahloha is offline   Reply With Quote