View Single Post
Old 07-28-2018, 09:48 PM   #10
Dan in Pasadena

Re: 1955 2nd Series Build Start

Quote:
Originally Posted by talmadgemoss View Post
Thanks Dan...I think your too late I have been doing nothing but what you mentioned...well sense I will have the bed off let me do this too. I'm going to attempt to do the build it two phases, but that keeps getting harder and harder to do...
Yup, sounds like you're "sliding" down the slope.

I had mine looking pretty much how I liked it. A shop truck look. It got some compliments and I didn't worry about getting a ding or dent in it. The problem was I didn't enjoy the ride much. The 283 had a weak cylinder and I knew it but I had it tuned up as well as it could run.

My initial thought was a dropped axle and Posie's Super Slider leaf springs. I'd already bought a disc brake conversion new-in-the-box from someone's aborted project. Then I found that going that approach would ALMOST cost the same as IFS.

So I bought another new-in-box deal on a Fatman's IFS kit, didn't use it. And so it went until it got to where it is now. I'm going to LOVE it, but I won't be comfortable driving it just anywhere and leaving it. Oh well!

Dan's '55 Big Window "Build" - Well, Kinda!
Dan in Pasadena is offline   Reply With Quote