View Single Post
Old 11-08-2016, 03:41 AM   #108
Nick_R_23

Re: Project "You thought yours was bad!" '78 C10 Stepside

The cover I have is just from a different application altogether, it's not physically wide enough to match the bolt spacing on my transmission.

Alright, MASSIVE picture dump here. I got a lot of the small nickle and dime things done up over my weekend!

Last weekend I took a break and went on a 20-mile ride up into the mountains on the RZRs. Had a blast and got probably our last warm and sunny (ish) day before the snow really falls! It was about 35-40 degrees out, but the weather was great!

So first order of business was to get the headers tightened down. I typically only use metric tools at work, so I had to pick up this 5/16" Ball Allen drive socket to the tune of $32. These things really make life easy with awkward allen head bolts!

Awwww yissssss

Torqued to perfection. I wish I knew what brand these headers were, I love the clearance with these ones!

I also had this nearly new fuel pump that had come in on a customer's rig that they used to bypass the actual module itself and ended up causing all kinds of problems. They didn't want it back and I stashed it away thinking it was a low pressure pump, as the system it was installed in only called for 25PSI, but I tested it the other day and it cranks out 80PSI! This should work perfectly with the EFI system I'm planning on using. I will be changing the ends out to AN fittings.

Next up, I sourced the correct oil sender adapter for the block. This was actually on my '67 Camaro when I bought it originally, I pulled it off and stuck it on the shelf in favor of a mechanical gauge at the time.

Great fit!

Next up was the accessories, starting with the waterpump. I had planned on cleaning mine up and using it, but it shows signs of leaking around the weep holes...and for the price of a brand new one, I didn't care to risk it.

So here we are with a brand new waterpump, lower hose, and bypass fitting for the intake

Bypass fitting installed

I like the cast iron look, so the waterpump was clear coated before installation

Gorgeous!

Bypass hose installed. This is the stock Vortec hose.

Also ran the transmission lines at the same time

And installed the speedo drive

I installed the lower hose for the radiator. Little did I know this thing would be quite the headache.

Nick_R_23 is offline   Reply With Quote