View Single Post
Old 08-15-2017, 09:23 AM   #16
gigamanx

Re: S10 swap Budget 17"-20" Wheels - What should I look for?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 59chev View Post
I know I am in the minority, but i don't understand the huge wheels on a vintage truck. look. What's wrong with a classic set of 15's? The size of the wheel openings on these trucks looks better with a smaller wheel in my opinion. The Torque Thrusts that MR48Chev talks about are a great looking classic wheel or cragars or rocket racing wheels ect..

My daily is a Dodge 1500 that came with factory 20s. I think it looks great because the wheels are proportional to the size of the truck and the fender openings. My 59 is alot smaller truck when compared to my Dodge.
I don't think there is a right and wrong. I've found "stance," which I'd consider a combination of tire, wheel, and suspension, is an art form. That means everyone has a different preference and the one that speaks to them. For me, I saw a set of 20s on a truck and knew instantly that was the perfect amount of wheel and tire for my truck. I've seen some 18s with white walls that look killer too.

Build Thread Phase 1 "The Swap": 1949 3100 with S10 swap. Beginner build with ambition!

Build Thread Phase 2 "The Drop": Beginner Build with Ambition gets Air Ride
gigamanx is offline   Reply With Quote