View Single Post
Old 04-28-2011, 03:18 AM   #4
Erik V

Re: Bucket Seats with Integral Seat Belts

I picked up a pair of similar style buckets from a 97 Chrysler Sebring Convertible. Driver seat is power, passenger is not. Both seats have a 12v circut that allows the shoulder belt to release (wierd that without power the seatbelts wont loosen). The trim level of the car I got them from was top of the line, leather-dark gray almost black. ~$50 in a the U Pull It junkyard.

I havnt installed yet, I'm having difficulty figuring out how to mount the passenger seat. I dont hvae the block for the factory tip forward to latch into, but I have everything else. It doesnt appear I'll be able to drill through the floor and reach the bolt to nut it below since this area has a space/cavity between layers of metal? So I'm thinking about making my own block, and then reusing the factory seat mounts, but with the Sebring seat frames cut down to fit, and welded to the factory Blazer/Jimmy frames.

I believe the seats you're after came in 99ish to 06 trucks-all pickups, tahoes, yukons, suburbans. Only full size trucks though.

Erik
Erik V is offline   Reply With Quote