View Single Post
Old 11-17-2010, 04:32 PM   #54
Bugeyev8

Re: My 1962 C10 Build Thread "Grandpa's Truck "

Got a pile of used parts from the junkyard today, 2 good hood hinges I needed because one of mine is tweaked, got the heater control lever that I needed, a 60 Apache windshield trim and a 64-66 windshield trim that I am not going to use, if anyone is looking for them let me know, and a heater assy, I modified my factory one for the wrong core 20 year back and this is the deluxe heater with the Harrison core, got it all bead blasted inside and out new seals and painted it up and re assembled it with stainless screws, I made progress with the heater control cables, went to Home Depot and got a universal lawnmower throttle and made some new cables, this style cable works like butter with a teflon cable sheath, I just measured them and cut the outer to size, then took a drill bit the size of the ring on the end clamped it in the vise and heated the cable and wrapped it around like the factory did and then trimmed the excess and its done...took me a few trys to get the process right but they work awesome !! better that the replacments I bought years ago
Attached Images

Bugeyev8 is offline   Reply With Quote