View Single Post
Old 08-19-2018, 03:25 AM   #152
fredscarryall

Re: Fastfreddys 454ss

I bought the spacer from summit racing. It has an o ring style gasket that goes toward the intake manifold and a flat surface at the top to mount your water neck to with a gasket. I used two 2” 3/8s bolts that were the perfect length to go into the intake without going to deep. I put in a high flow 180 degree thermostat that the spacer fit right on top of with no clearance problem. The spacer has 2 open 3/8 npt threaded ports. I Plugged one off. But I may use it later. I really don’t like using spacers. But I have no choice. There are only three water ports for senders on the entire motor. One On the intake for the ecm. One for the temp sender to the gauge on the drivers head and one on the passanger head for the auxillary fan. I bought the dual fan relay kit off summit and it came with one 170 off 185 on 3/8 npt thread sensor. Then just bought a electric fan toggle switch to mount on the center console I built. So if want to run the fans when the truck is off or when I want the fans to run at a different time the the temp sender allows.
Attached Images

Last edited by fredscarryall; 08-19-2018 at 03:40 AM.
fredscarryall is offline   Reply With Quote