View Single Post
Old 11-04-2018, 09:24 PM   #215
Slowguy

Re: My caster mod (with pictures)

Quote:
Originally Posted by crakarjax View Post
I got my bag mocked up, but it looks like it'll have stress in bad places. Then again, I've never run bags. Anyone know if the offset pictured will cause more than a marginal decrease in bag life? I also have no idea what the internal bumpstops on these bags look like. I'm a little worried that they aren't making solid contact as pictured.
I didn’t even know about this mod until reading a build thread on “green Gus” since I have everything apart for my nut and bolt build I figured I had better do this now or I may regret it.

Anyway, you were one of the only ones to mention bags. I too am using air and wondered how well you solved the issue of the crooked bag? Did you just relocate the mount holes in the top bag bracket? I actually cut out the lower indent section of my lca and welded in pockets to the entire bag will now sit in the pocket when completely deflated. This also allows me to run with more air in the bags at a lowered ride height. I’m wondering if this is going to affect or alter my attempt at this modification?
Attached Images

Slowguy is offline   Reply With Quote