View Single Post
Old 07-21-2009, 09:39 PM   #24
72BlckButy
Tot Roddin'

Re: Project: Blank Slate

Okay guys... apparently a certain member out there has been receiving some pm's concerning the truck, and its current state. A few of the die hards out there might not like where this build has gone, but I think they'll reconsider once they see a few of the pics we have instore. I mean, I'm just building the truck Chevrolet was supposed too....

After talking with several members, and eventually making a trip to lolife99's, I was able to finally narrow down my selection. From builds such as n2billet's Lucy to HuggerCST's '70 SWB CST Build.... the choices were endless.

First things first..... this truck would not be in its current state had it not been for one of the best members on the site. I owe him a ton, or my truck would still be on the jack stands had it not been for his help, expertise, and tools.

Thank you lolife99!!!!
You guy's need to show him some mad props, this guy went above and beyond with helping me on my truck. lolife99, let me know when you need your yard mowed....

Now... down to the the decision. In my mind (and at the current moment), I wanted to lower the truck with bolt on pieces only, and/or with minimal body modifications necessary, all while retaining the 6-lug setup. Bags had crossed my mind, but with everything else I wanted to do (and stay married) I decided to lower the truck with a static drop. And, what better place to do a one stop shop than Early Classic Enterprises (ECE). So after making several calls to Stan/Mark, and with some strong persuasion from my wife, I finally placed my order. In less than a week, the following parts arrived at my door (and yes, I'm missing one box in the pic below):

4.5/6 Drop Kit - including 2.5" Drop Spindles, 2" Drop Front Coil Springs, 6" Rear Drop Coil Springs, 4 KYB Shock Absorbers, Super Track Bar Kit, and a Shock Mount Relocator Kit

6-lug Disc Brake Upgrade - Master Cylinder, Proportioning Valve, Brake Lines, Brake Hoses, Calipers, Pads, Rotors, Bearings, Seals, Dust Shields, Dust Caps, Castle Nuts, Slotted Washers, Banjo Bolts, and other misc. pieces

Name:  100_1697.jpg
Views: 28475
Size:  38.6 KB

1969 CST SWB - Project Blank Slate (4.5/6" ECE Static Drop, 6-lug disc brake upgrade (manual), Billet Specialties Vintec 20x8.5 255/40 (F) 20x10 295/40 (R), 250 I-6)
1960 AMF Skylark - Tot Roddin' (Lowered with custom frame; soon to include custom push bar and interior)
2008 Silverado CrewCab 1LT (5.3L, 3:73, 4x4, LT1, Z-71, Towing Package)

Last edited by 72BlckButy; 07-21-2009 at 09:40 PM.
72BlckButy is offline   Reply With Quote