View Single Post
Old 04-13-2018, 09:18 AM   #12
wingnut62

Re: Ignition Switch Question

Well my Ignition switch problem has been solved. I now have true power on in the accessory position. I tried the 61-63 impala switch - no accessory with power so don't order that one and expect it to give you power in the acc posit.

What solved the issue for me was a 67-72 C10 switch. It comes with an active acc position that will provide power when in that position. You wont be frying points or running electric pumps while listening to the radio and the engine not running. Be advised while the switch fits the 64-66 dash, the depth needs a tad adjustment. I used a very thin washer and I was good to go. you can actually modify the thin nut ring that comes with the switch and it will give you the desired depth in your dash.

A couple other things you need to be aware of, you will need to purchase a 67-72 lock cylinder with the key. Your 64-66 cylinder will not fit. You will also have to modify your wiring harness as the new switch isn't like the one you are replacing. As my truck is running an LS now the points aren't an issue but I wanted accessory power and the minor adjustments i had to make were well worth it! Hope this helps anyone else trying to get accessory power in their first gen C10.
wingnut62 is offline   Reply With Quote