View Single Post
Old 06-10-2018, 11:22 PM   #1
Putzer

69 step side build (lots of pics)(needs lots of help)

Bought a 1969 c10 step side last week with the idea in mind that I wanted to fix it up and make it a daily with some good power. The current motor was advertised as having a wrist pin noise and it definitely has something wrong with it but im not sure as i havent yanked it yet. The previous owner also told me it was a 350/350 but im not really sure as there are no markings i can see right now to verify. The plan is to put a LQ4/4L80E into it with some upgrades- heads, intake, cam and TB. At the same time, upgrade the suspension and brakes and then the interior.

Yesterday I picked up the 6L LQ4 with the tranny and ECU for $1300. I was told it was from a 2005, 2500 HD with about 130k miles. The cut all the wires, crimped all the hoses and lines and broke them when they cut it out of the wrecked truck. I think i got a good deal?

Today I was able to get my buddy to come over and help me unload it. Once unloaded I got to work by taking off the intake and headers where a few of the heads snapped off the bolts Luckily i think theres enough thread on them to grab hold of and turn. Any recommendations on how to get these guys out? I also drained all the oil and transmission fluids. I ran and got a new tranny filter and installed that while i was in there.

I havent ever done anything like this so please chime in and give me pointers and tips along the way.
Attached Images

Putzer is offline   Reply With Quote