View Single Post
Old 11-01-2015, 03:53 PM   #58
NathenMyers

Talking Re: 72 GMC Longbed Duramax Swap

So, this weekend after 9 months of Saturdays, thanks largely to Arlie McIntosh "Charlie Daniels of the Torque Wrench" we have gotten the Duramax into Ol' Blue, and started, there is still a LOT of work left, but, this is certainly a milestone.

That's most of what we did this weekend. we started it using the Duramax Steering Column, but since we're not going to use that, i still have to get VATS taken off of my ECU. I've been looking for someplace local and coming up Snakeyes. Suggestions? I'm not planning on upgrading anything for a while. At least until i get it on the road and all of the kinks worked out!

We also laid the stock 72 hood on there, and it's only lacking around 2 inches from clearing the intake. So, I have two options, 1: (preferred) I'm looking for an intake (maybe K and N?) that sits lower over the EGR (or maybe EGR delete so that it can sit EVEN lower.) OR, as much as i DIDN'T want to do a body lift, seeing it that close, we're probably going to make us about an 2 inch body lift and see what it looks like. because using that stock hood would be awfully cool. Then when i eventually get it repainted (5 year plan...) I'll take the body lift out and put a cowl hood on it.

Next weekend i have drill, so it'll be into the middle of November before i can hit on it again!

Dieselwrencher, PM sent about that column.

also, Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xc9vsRNds0w
NathenMyers is offline   Reply With Quote